I want to start off by saying that this is MY version of New Orleans style BBQ shrimp. It’s delicious (and a little rich!) but missing Worcestershire sauce and made with andouille sausage. This version is also not #whole30 friendly but if you take out the butter and either use ghee or just #Tessemaes hot buffalo sauce, it’s compliant.
- 1 diced link of Wellshire Farms smoked andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell peppers
- 1/2 – 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 pound of Gulf shrimp with shell on
- Seasonings for the shrimp – salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 lemon or orange
- French bread (optional)
- Season the shrimp and let marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, sauté the minced garlic, onions, bell pepper and olive oil.
- Add the diced andouille sausage. The Wellshire Farms version is sugar free and one of my favorites.
- Add the butter and hot sauce and let simmer.
- After the sauce has simmered, add in the marinated shrimp and cover for approximately 8-10 minutes. Reminder stove should be on low.
- Take a large spoon and spoon the sauce over the shrimp multiple times to spread out the hot sauce and butter flavoring. Make sure all shrimp are fully cooked.
- Slice the lemon or orange and place over the shrimp.
- Once complete, spoon some of the shrimp and sauce into a bowl and serve with sliced French bread to soak up all of the flavors in the sauce.
This recipe should result in 4 servings.
For those interested in what the Wellshire Farms smoked andouille sausage looks like: