Shrimp in a pesto cream sauce…
Earlier this week I was craving shrimp and pesto and so I thought I would put both of those cravings together to make a great dinner. To go with it I used store bought ravioli but could have easily used zoodles or another vegetable for those who are not eating pasta. I admit I could only eat about 3 of the ravioli because my body is just not that into pasta anymore but a craving is a craving!
- Half a pound of gulf shrimp
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup of a chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of store bought pesto
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of flour (for thickening)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms using the olive oil.
- Add in pesto, water and seasonings and let it come to a boil.
- Once it’s boiled, reduce stove to low and add in coconut milk and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add in flour, if necessary, for thickening.
- Add in shrimp and cover with sauce.
- Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes and serve over whatever you’re eating it with. In this case I used store bought ravioli stuffed with cheese, mushrooms and truffle oil.